The Zimbabwe CBNRM Forum was established in 2005, as an umbrella body for organizations involved in and those promoting community based natural resources management activities. The Forum also serves as a platform for developing a common understanding of environmental challenges and problems, information sharing, defining common approaches and what actions to take to resolve the problems. It also serves as a platform for engaging other countries on similar issues in the southern African region. The Forum augments and strengthens government’s role in fulfilling its objectives of enhancing community based approaches in
conservation and development through:
- Research and documentation of emerging issues,
- Promoting standards and peer review to improve delivery of CBNRM,
- Providing a platform to share best practices,
- Coordinating CBNRM efforts in the country, and
- Promoting local conservation partnerships and regional networking.
These are some of the members that make up the FORUM.
- The CAMPFIRE Association
- Southern Alliance for Indigenous Resources
- Zimbabwe Environment Lawyers Association
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- Ministry of Local Government
- Zimbabwe National Parks and Wildlife
- The Environmental Management Agency
- University of Zimbabwe
- Sustainable Tourism Enterprise Promotion
This website will provide you access to resourses and much more relating to the Comminity Based Natural Resource Management Forum.